Tuesday 6 January 2009

MISS MARISSA

This card was made specially for my Husbands Gran, who celebrated her birthday on the 2nd January.

I chose High Hopes 'Miss Marissa' because she is just so smiley, a definite reminder of the cards recipient!

The image was stamped in black ink and coloured with shimmer paints. I then cut the image into an oval and mounted it on a thick piece of lilac card, also cut into a scalloped oval.

I used a thicker piece of base card for the mount. This is because it is a kick stand style card and needed some strength to prop it up. I have used decorative card stock from Prima for the backing and embellished the front with Prima 'Heavenly' flowers and pale pink Centre Kisses. The top of the card has been finished with a ribbon bow, heart charm, and die cut letters.

Thanks for looking, Katie.

No comments: